Interview with Michael Bigger, trader & author
Trader and author/blogger, offers his thoughts on “trading recipes” and collaborative communities in website.
Having read some of Michael’s posts and thoughts on algorithmic trading and self-publishing, I was interested to hear more about his entrepreneurial trading efforts and building creative collaboration networks.
Here are some key takeaways from the discussion:
- Michael talks about getting started in algorithmic trading. Start young, build a simple framework and improve it as you go over time. Start learning & experimenting as early as possible.
- Develop some “trading recipes” with your algo experiments. You can learn more over time and try to scale your best trading ideas.
- There are creative people who can help you develop programs and teach you more about trading. Michael wants to use the power of the internet to reach out to people and build collaborative trading communities.
- Technology available to individuals now in many ways surpasses what Bigger had while trading billions at a large bank 10 years ago.
- Wealth in finance will flow increasingly flow to those who are able to interpret info better than others. Filtering info and connecting important ideas & concepts is key for the future.
- There is this pool of talented individuals who remain untouched by the teachings, dogma of elite schools. These are the people you want to reach out to and collaborate with.
- Blogging, writing ideas down, and communicating with other traders and programmers via Twitter and social media is essential. You never know who you will meet or what will come out of it.
- Hard work and long hours are key to Bigger’s success, but he views this as worthwhile and just a part of something he loves to do.
Definitely a worthwhile chat. Check out the full interview, I think you’ll enjoy it too.